Custom Search

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The First Week

My first week here, and it hasn't been as bad as i expected it to be. 'Things ' are a lot hotter in Delhi though;pun intended. :D
We really haven't had to sweat much for anything. My two basic requirements have been more than met, the accommodation has been good and free, and the food, free and good. :D

A word or two about my workplace; most employee are locals or from nearby areas. The company makes yarn,
so ok,
what does a mechanical engineer have to do with it?

Well i am in the process of figuring that out myself, so later. :D

The labor class are predominantly girls from the neighborhood, young and innocent i think, but why do they keeping staring at me??

My project involves a lot of interaction with the workers, which am not at all comfortable with, for one they cant help laughing whenever i ask them about something, and secondly their answer almost every time is "Haan".

me: "Sirji, is machine se material machine no. 2 par jaata hai kya? "
worker: "Haan"
me: "Kahin machine no. 3 par toh nahi jaata? "
worker: "Haan, haan".

huh??????

And the millions of strands of yarn fiber hanging in the air, doesn't make things any better. Wear black at your own peril. Though we've been provided with a mask, but my nose has taken a special dislike to it. Add to that the heat and the sweat and now you can picture me, can't you?

But thankfully, i don't have to spend that much time there, my guide is a good man you see. Though the workers he lambastes everyday may have a different story to tell. Just the other day, he flayed one of them holding him by the collar, but the worker had it coming, i mean, who the hell bang on the desk of his boss, specially when he is double your size. :O

The first place we were taken to was the "BLOW ROOM", and i started giggling at its mere mention, my co-internees from iit Delhi though, looked rather bemused, unable to fathom out what was so hilarious, damn! i miss my pack. :(

*
Swaying to the tunes of "fear of the dark" *

I must say somethings about the females here, not too different to iit Delhi, maybe another 5 kilos to the average and add to that the heavy Punjabi accent, i call them the FGOWH. Try cracking this one, fellas ;)

My evening are taken care of by The IPL and some random 1970's Hindi movie aired on zee-cinema etc. I plan to start with my GRE preparation soon.

Thats just about it, keep checking this space.

Cheers,
PJ

4 comments:

anonymous.soul said...

gud one... blow room :D

neways wat GHWOH or watever... :P

and neone gud enuf to extend the "bha _ _ _" list?? :P

ranger said...

nah! buddy the B list must be kept sacrosanct, no entry for hens!!
n i gave away the H part of FGOWH ;)

Sagar Singh said...

Who's this aragorn? Is it who I think it is?
He knows about the B list afterall.
lol

@ ranger's post

I hope the employee who BANGED on his boss's desk didn't do what I thought he wouldn't do :D

Its a nice one waise. We're waiting for some more from you now.
cheers

attidude said...

hey whats this b list?

,....and does anyone know who aragorn is (other than aragorn himself :P)??

@ranger
common now give away the whole of FGOWH.

@sagar
it would have been great if he did what you think he wouldn't.... this would have been a great progress for the whole of the indian civilization :D

@aragorn
hey buddy lets see u being revealed :)